Bacta-Pur During Start-Up & Maintenance of Biological Filters
The Bacta-Pur Systems contains communities of natural and beneficial bacteria that improve water quality and biofilter performance. Bacta-Pur transforms organic wastes into bacterial biomass, carbon dioxide and water. Bacta-Pur biotechnological products contain no genetically engineered or pathogenic bacteria, but only natural strains, which have been on earth for millions of years. It also helps to:
The Bacta-Pur Systems for biological filters consists of:
- Reduce sludge
- Accelerate nitrification
- Reduce causes of noxious odors
- Reduce pathogens via a probiotic effect
- Biodegrade oil, grease and hydrocarbons
- Aid in nitrifying and denitrifying (both with oxygen present or anaerobically)
- Help control eutrophication
- Assures the presence of necessary strains of beneficial microorganisms
- Optimize waste water treatment
Treatment with Bacta-Pur System
- Bacta–Pur #N-3000+ -- a balanced community of nitrifiers and selected heterotrophs.
- Bacta– Pur # PRESTARTER 1 -- nitrite plus growth enhancers for Nitrobacter.
- Bacta–Pur # PRESTARTER 2 -- ammonia and essential nutrients.
It is desirable to establish a biofilter prior to introducing the animals. High levels of ammonia inhibit Nitrobacter growth. Excessively high levels of nitrite can develop before the ammonia drops sufficiently to permit Nitrobacter to grow. Start up time is reduced by first developing the population of Nitrobacter. Use Bacta-Pur # N3000+ and Bacta-Pur PRESTARTER to provide the nutrients and desired bacterial community. Once the population of Nitrobacter has been established, Bacta-Pur # PRESTARTER 2 is added to feed the Nitrosomonas. It is also used to maintain biological filters when biomass is low or before sudden increase in stock.
To start biofilter without animals present, add 100 ml of Bacta-Pur # N3000+ per 1000 L [250 gal.] of tank water. Continue adding half this dose daily until filter activity has stabilized. Add 250 g. [8 oz.] of PRESTARTER 1 per 1000 L [250 gallons] tank water. Monitor nitrite and when it is less than 1 ppm add 250g [8 oz.] of the Bacta-Pur PRESTARTER 2 per 1000L[250 gallons] of tank water. Monitor ammonia and nitrite and add animals when safe levels are reached.
For weekly maintenance of biofilter, add a doses of 100 ml of Bacta-Pur # N 3000+ per 1000 L [250 gallons] of tank water.
For maintenance under fluctuating loads, add to each 100 L [25 gallons] of tank water 100 ml of PRESTARTER 2 and 100 ml. of Bacta-pur #N3000+. Monitor ammonia and add more PRESTARTER 2 if necessary.
For Lobster Tanks. Small cold water systems, such as lobster tanks require weekly dose of 50ml of Bacta-Pur # N3000+ per 100 L [25gallons] of tank water.